Venezuelans will be able to pay for taxi services with cryptocurrencies
- Since April 12, this payment option has been available in Venezuela offered by delivery app and taxi services Yummy.
- Users of this service, available in the main cities in the center of the country, are satisfied with the new method of payment.
Delivery and taxi services app Yummy, which operates in Venezuela, accepts cryptocurrency payments through the Binance Pay platform. The announcement was made on the Twitter account (NYSE:) of the firm Legal Rocks, indicating that Binance had joined the taxi service Yummy Rides.
Then Yummy CEO Vicente Zavarce confirmed the information and offered more details about the new service.
“Now you can roam with Crypto on Yummy thanks to our new integration with Binance Pay. Ridesharing with stablecoins? Only at Yummy,” Zavarce wrote. payments with stablecoins such as tether (USDT), one of the most widely used and traded digital currencies in Venezuela.
Prior to this integration, Yummy taxi service only offered the payment option through banking and financial platforms such as Mobile Payment, Yappe, Zelle, credit cards and PayPal (NASDAQ:).
Respond to user requests
The option to pay for taxi rides with cryptocurrencies via Binance is launched due to the growing use of cryptocurrencies in Venezuela and requests made by users to the Yummy company.
To take advantage of the new payment method available from April 12, users only need to update the Yummy app, where the Binance Pay service is already integrated.
The platform created by the crypto exchange allows you to send and receive cryptocurrencies, including stablecoins, without paying commissions. Payments are made by scanning the recipient’s QR code in the app.
Users of the taxi service are happy with this integration and hope that crypto payments will be extended to other services such as deliveries, according to local site cryptonoticias.com.
However, the CEO of Yummy reported that cryptocurrency payments are only available for the transport service. It is not yet clear whether payments with Binance Pay will be extended by the company to other services in the future.
Why You Should Care
- Yummy Rides, which has been operating in Venezuela since July 2021, offers Venezuelans a service similar to that of Uber (NYSE:).
- The courier service is available for cities such as Caracas, Valencia, Maracay and Barquisimeto, but also includes extra-urban transport to any part of the country.
- The transport services application is also operational in other Latin American countries such as Chile, Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador and Panama.
Continue reading on DailyCoin