Eight facts about the new FAANTaxi app
The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) recently launched its TaxiApp for booking travel and the initiative begins with Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport (NAIA), Abuja.
Here are eight facts you need to know about the app:
1. FAAN app can be accessed on Google Play Store
2. The app is only available for trips with an airport pick-up or drop-off location.
3. For users who do not wish to have the app on their mobile devices, rides can be booked in the arrival lounge of the domestic arrivals terminal, while those who wish to plan rides in advance have the option to do it on the app.
4. Users are required to provide information in order to secure their account on FAANTaxi. Once an account has been created for the user, access to the features and services provided by FAANTaxi is granted.
5. Users are offered options of standard or steering cars while estimated price and driver details will be provided.
6. Driver details including name as well as telephone numbers, vehicle model number plates must be provided.
7. FAANTaxi has a tracking system which would be updated in due course to include the progress of the trip and whether it is completed or not.
8. All taxi operators at the airport must be registered on FAANTaxi and passengers will call the drivers using the app, eliminating vantage.